Kingsway English In-School Terms & Conditions
E&OE – Errors and Omissions Excepted. If a mistake has been made in an invoice through arithmetic or incorrect charge rate application we reserve the right to correct this and ask you to pay the difference. If we have over-charged you by mistake we undertake to correct the invoice and refund you the difference.
- Course Deposit : If your total fees are more than GBP£300 you must pay a course deposit of GBP£300 with your application form (deducted from your final balance payment) or you may pay the total amount at time of booking if you prefer.
- You must pay the balance 3 weeks before your course begins.
- If your course begins in less than 3 weeks you must pay 100% in advance.
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation, and Kingsway is therefore not registered for VAT tax.
Lessons & General
- Lessons take place from 09h00 – 16h45 Monday – Friday. Depending on the course you are following your lessons may not be all of these hours.
- Lesson times are 9h00-10h30, 10h45-12h15, 13h30-15h00 and 15h15-16h45 Monday to Friday
- Social breaks take place at 10h30 and 15h00 daily.
- The minimum age of students is 25 years. There is no maximum. The typical age range is 30 – 65 years.
- Complete beginners are only accepted on Individual / One-to-One courses.
- Courses begin every Monday except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- During your stay at Kingsway you may be included in photographs to be used in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school.
- We expect all students to obey the rules of the school and the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect the Kingsway staff and fellow students, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. If you do not we may ask you to leave the school immediately without any refund of tuition or accommodation fees.
- Students who have not paid, or sent a company purchase order, before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received. We really enjoy giving you the service you have booked and we think it is fair that paying us on time is a reasonable request in return.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2020
- Open Public Holidays 2020 : On Friday 10th April (Good Friday), Friday 8th May** (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 25th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2020 : On Monday 13th April (Easter Monday) and Monday 31st August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons. For these 2 weeks we will be offering a 20% reduction in tuition fees for students on full-time (30 hour) courses. For students on 15 hour and 22.5 hour course we will make up the lesson hours in the afternoons of the same week.
- Closed for Christmas 2020 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 19th December 2020 to Sunday 3rd January 2021 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Monday 4th January 2021.
** normally Monday 4th May but moved for VE day celebrations
Cancellations / Changes
- Before your course begins we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make compensation payments as well as paying postage, bank and similar charges.
- After your course has started we do not refund any money. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we will usually offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- Force Majeure : If we have to cancel your course due to an unforeseen event then we will offer you a credit on the remaining part of your fees to be taken at such time as we are able to offer you a replacement course.
Kingsway English Online Terms & Conditions
“you” means you the customer or student
“our” or “us” means us the service provider Kingsway English Centre Ltd
“teacher lesson” means any live meeting between you and us
“programme” means any series of live teacher lessons
We do not store credit card details
Our checkout page is securely hosted by Barclaycard who handle all our credit card payments
We do not share customer details with any third parties
Your privacy is our primary concern
Our Contact Details
Kingsway English Online is the online part of Kingsway English Centre Ltd. If you need to contact us you can call us on +44 1905 619877, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write or call in to see us at our offices : Kingsway English Centre Ltd, 40 Foregate Street, Worcester WR1 1EE, UK
Refund / Cancellation Policy
- All invoices must be paid in full before your teacher lessons begin
- You can cancel your programme and receive a full refund at any time until your first teacher lesson is booked between you and us
- Once your first teacher lesson is booked then there is a binding contract between you and us and your programme is deemed to have started
- Teacher lessons may not be transferred from one person to another because they are specifically designed for each person
- All teacher lessons are open-ended (they do not expire) so you can take them at any time after they have been paid for in full
- If you cancel part way through your programme, or fail to complete your programme for your own reasons we do not refund any money to you
Online Session Arrangements
- We will carry out a “Sound Check” session between you and our IT department before your teacher lessons begin to ensure that satisfactory communication is established. We will give advice to help you set this up but cannot be responsible for any technical difficulties due to your own computer equipment or internet connection
- Teacher lessons include 45 minutes of live teacher time plus a reasonable amount of off-line teacher time for preparation and feedback
- Your teacher is assigned by our Director of Studies (DoS) and can only be changed by our DoS
- We will make every effort to keep you with the same teacher throughout your programme however we reserve the right to assign you to a different teacher in the case of illness or other unavailability
- The first teacher lesson is arranged between you and our DoS at a mutually convenient time
- Subsequent teacher lessons are arranged between you and your assigned teacher at mutually convenient times
- If your teacher is not available for any reason at the mutually agreed time we will offer you either another teacher to take your teacher lesson or the opportunity to reschedule with your regular teacher (your choice)
- Due to the fact that our teachers are UK based native English speaker teachers we may ask you to be flexible in your teacher lesson times particularly if you live in time zones > UTC +/- 6 hours. We will always do our best to accommodate different time zones at times convenient to you through shift work as far as possible
- If you choose to be connected by web conferencing or other VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol – e.g. Skype) then this is free of charge
- If you choose to be contacted by regular telephone then you will be responsible for making the calls to your teacher via the telephone number at the agreed time
- If you are not available at all to take part in a teacher lesson when contacted by your teacher at a pre-arranged time that particular teacher lesson will be deemed to have been used. However you may still continue with your subsequent teacher lessons as normal
- If you are late by up to 15 minutes in connecting for a teacher lesson we will attempt to continue with that teacher lesson if possible subject to your teacher being available
- If you are more than 15 minutes late then that particular teacher lesson will be deemed to have been used. However you may still continue with your subsequent teacher lessons as normal
- If you need to change or cancel a particular teacher lesson this must be done no less that 4 hours in advance
- Any teacher lesson cancelled with less than 4 hours notice will be deemed to have been used. However you may still continue with subsequent teacher lessons as normal
If you have any questions regarding our Terms & Conditions please let us know